Being on keto is not easy specially when you have a sweet tooth like me .Even if you are on keto , who would not crave a cookie and what if its a choco cookie , then it would be finger licking delicious . I have been on keto for the last 18 months … 18 somehow sounds less and 1.5 years sounds longer but I have always broken it quite periodically without fail. It took me one year to realize that I used to break the keto when I had my craving for sugar . As you know the Keto diet is High FAT and Low CARB Diet.
Have you checked out my easy Egg Snack. Click below
These cookies taste like any other cookie but are super easy to make specially on a lazy Sunday when you crave some cookies with Almond Milk.
So this year I did invest in a few low carb sweetners and decided to make my desserts so that I dont break my keto diet and trust me this has worked wonders for me .
Today I decided to prepare these choco cookies for myself and thought why not make them extra crunchy and chunkier almost similar to Milano or the Good Day Chunky Cookies which were my favorites once upon a time and they turned out so delicious , so I thought why not share my recipe with you guys out there.
This recipe can be used by those on Keto and also Low Carb Diet .
- Heavy Cream – two tablespoon
- Eggs – 3 small
- vanilla Extract – one teaspoon
- Almond Flour – 11/2 cups
- Low Carb Sugar – 3 tablespoon
- Dark Choco Chips – as per taste
- Dark Chocolate – Lindt / any dark choco with zero sugar – as per taste
- Pink Salt – pinch
Steps to prepare
- Mix all the wet ingredients together.
- Add the eggs to a bowl and add the heavy cream and whisk it lightly using a hand whisker.
- Add the vanila Extract and give it a final mix
- in a separate bowl add the almond flour , sweetner and salt and mix it well together
- Add this to the wet ingredients in small quantities and fold it using a spatula till they are well incorporated and form a soft pliable dough
- Final add the choco chips and mix.
- Cut the dark chocolate into thick chunky pieces , half plate mix into the dough.
- Keep it in the fridge and chill for 30 mins
- Line the baking tray with parchment paper and spray with olive/canola oil.
- Take the chilled dough and scoop into the tray and give it a gentle flat press.
- Bake at 350F for 15-20 mins and keep it out to cool.
These will give you 12-15 chunky cookies to serve. You can keep them in the freezer in a tight zipper bag and munch on you as crave sweet. If you are on keto be sure to keep note of your macros in check.
Tip – I would strongly advise to use a Carb Manager to measure and control the macros intake.
These keto cookies are gluten free , low carb and super easy to make. Even kids will love them. the only thing is being Almond flour they will be more chewy than crunchy , but I honestly love a soft chewy cookie. Would recommend anyone whose on keto diet or on a low carb diet to give this recipe a try and let me know how this recipe works for you. i would love to know how it turned out.